Why this contest?
3D printed façades for houses and offices. You hardly see it. We are curious as to how you would design the facade of the future if you could print it in 3D. What shapes would you use? What structure? Which materials and which colours?
We believe there is a future for a different way of designing, manufacturing and building. Challenge us and yourself by designing a wall cladding on a tile of 15 x 15 centimetres!
Design, print, submit & WIN!
- Download the basic design of the tile
- Design your own 3D printed wall cladding on a tile
- 3D print the tile
- Describe your design in 150 words
- Send the tile (physically by post) and your description (online) on
- a flat back
- holes for fixation must remain in the indicated places
- design freedom with thickness, structures, colours, shapes, materials and patterns
- the tile should not exceed the specified size of 15 x 15 cm
- you may submit two designs at most
|1 September||start of design competition|
|30 September||deadline for sending in your design|
|1-5 October||professional jury review|
|6-13 October||voting for the public prize|
|14 October||announcement of winners, professional award and public award|
The winning design will be printed at a size of 1 x 1 meter in the 3D ‘Kamermaker’ printer of the 3D Print Canal House in Amsterdam. This copy is handed to you and a second copy will be put on display in the visitor’s centre of the 3D print Canal House. The winning design will also win a Colorfabb package with printing material worth €250.
Between 6 and 13 October, the public will choose its favourite design based on all the entries on this website. The design with the most votes wins a Colorfabb package with printing material worth €250!
Do you have questions on the design competition? Send them to us through firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also ask your questions on the open platform of 3D Hubs and use the tag ‘3Dprintfacade’
When you participate you have to accept our Challenge terms & conditions